2020 Holiday Style Guide
Hey Dolls! Are you ready for the holidays? I know this year the perfect ensemble includes a matching face mask, no worries, we got you! Our 2020 Holiday Dress Guide is here and I hope that you can find the perfect dress to take you from a holiday party to going out with a bang for New Years.
With Christmas and New Year's right around the corner, now is the perfect time to start picking out your holiday looks, whether you need a dress to wear to the holiday office party, your family gathering or a night out on the town with your girlfriends.
Here are a few tips to help you pick out the prefect dress for you:
HOLIDAY STYLE GUIDE 2020
As I sit and listen to "This Christmas" by The Whispers, I can't help but think about how magical Christmas is and how much joy it brings everyone. With those unforgettable office holiday parties, fun family gatherings and magical New Years parties I had to break out my Holiday Style Guide to help you pick out the perfect dress for this year Holiday Parties.
- WHAT LOOK ARE YOU GOING FOR?
Deciding what look your going for should be the first thing you think about it helps determine what style dress to look for. So decide if you want to be classic, elegant or sexy. Let's dig a little deeper in each of these looks:
1. Elegant - Floor length and midi dresses gives a more sophisticated look.
2. Classic - A more polished look with no textures just plain color, preferably a LBD.
3. Sexy - A dress with texture like sequins, a mini dress or any silhouette that features a form fitting curve hugging fit. (make sure to choose the right silhouette that flatters your shape)
- CHOOSING THE RIGHT COLOR
Now that you know what look your going for it's time to think about colors. The most popular dress color for the holiday is red, but red is so typical there are different shades of red that would definitely stand out, our # 1 pick is Wine. Here's a list of other popular colors that would make a great choice for your perfect holiday dress.
1. Forest Green - Green is the classic traditional holiday color but this year look for deeper shades of green and don't be afraid to pair it with different colors.
2.Egg Plant Purple - Purple is bold, beautiful and it attracts attention. I picked egg plant purple because it's deep, elegant, rich and vivid.
3. Navy Blue - Another classic beautiful holiday color but this year let's add some texture try velvet or sequin. Blue is a important color for Christmas because it represents winter, so it's no surprise it's welcomed to the Christmas party.
4. Gold - It wouldn't be a party if we didn't add Gold to this list. Gold is festive, a traditional Christmas color, and it sparkles. This year choose a dress with a metallic finish or glitzy sequined details.
- MUST HAVE
Lastly, when dressing for a holiday party, the last and final decision is choosing your accessories. Choosing the right accessories can "make" your outfit really stand out.
Here's a few options to accent your outfit: a sequined clutch, cocktail ring, a statement or simple necklace, chandelier earrings, wrist cuff, a simple satin bag, small rhinestone earrings, fun stockings, vintage jewelry and a faux fur jacket just to name a few.
I know your going to look great when you arrive to the holiday party and remember don't be afraid to play around with pairing colors and mixing textures. There's no fashion rules when it comes to being fabulous and festive.
Until next blog I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.